Our Racefines™ range is an effective option for any farms raceway as lameness in cattle can have a huge impact on production levels. It can also be used for both tanker tracks and farm roads, as effectively. RaceFines™ is easy on hooves; it compacts well, and is incredibly cost effective and durable. RaceFines™ is graded (grain sized) limestone that must go onto an existing base material, compromising of either course stone or clean rotten rock. Adding our burnt lime range to RaceFines™ makes it last even longer thus creating a smoother, more durable surface.
- With a national lameness average of over 12%, lameness can have a huge impact on your production*
- Lameness could cost up to $1200 per cow through lost milk production, lower in-calf rates, extra labour, increased culls and cost of treatment*
- McDonald’s RaceFines™ is an extremely cost-effective option for those farmers looking to optimize and strengthen their races in order to minimise lameness
- RaceFines™ is graded (grain sized) limestone that must go onto an existing base material, compromised of either course stone or clean rotten rock. Adding burnt lime to RaceFines™ makes it last even longer thus creating a smoother, more durable surface
- The Racefines™ must go onto an existing base material. This can comprise course stone or clean rotten rock
- Spread the Racefines™ 3 to 4 inches/75mm to 100mm deep
- Compact using a roller, levelling bar or grader reversed (add some weight)
- Make enough passes so material is tight and compacted
- Add SOME moisture intially to help with compaction
- REPEAT after rain if the surface is still not compacted (i.e. soft on surface)
- COMPACTION is the most important key to getting good results so give enough passes with your grader or compaction device to achieve this
Product benefits: Racefines is cheaper and more effective option, due to the fact it uses existing base materials.
Click Here, for a guide to constructing an optimal dairy race.
Available in Bulk only